zondag 16 juni 2019

Five to Watch - Monster Movies

With “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” rocking it at the Box Office, it’s time to look at more monster movies. And I will only pick those monster movies that I think I better then most people think they are, or maybe you’ve never heard of them. Here are five films I think are not as well-known or deserve more attention. And I think you should definitely give them a shot.

Arachnophobia
A species of South American killer spider hitches a lift to the US and starts to breed and kill. If you weren’t afraid of spiders, you will be after seeing this film. I think it’s one of the most underrated films in the genre, it’s such a strong thriller. And you will see and feel spiders everywhere once you watched “Arachnophobia”. There is going to be a remake, but I don’t see why. This is a perfectly good film.

Rogue
An American journalist is on an assignment in the Australian outback. He, and a group of tourists, encounter a man-eating crocodile while being trapped on a rapidly flooding mud island. The thought of that little island flooding soon, is really scary. Because you know that all those people have to get into the water at some point. It’s not the best acted film and the special effects don’t always convince, but it’s a pretty terrifying film that always keeps me on the edge of my seat.

Slither
A small town is taken over by an alien plague, turning residents into zombies and all forms of mutant monsters. It’s a film directed by James Gunn and one of the better not-so-known horror flicks featuring creatures. It’s pretty gory, yet very humorous.

Lake Placid
A gigantic crocodile is terrorizing residents in Black Lake, Maine. I always watch this movie when it’s on television. It’s entertaining and a movie you shouldn’t take too seriously. And it has Betty White in it, which is always a plus!

Tremors
Natives of a small isolated town, defend themselves against strange underground creatures which are killing them one by one. The film can be compared to “Slither” somehow, a creature feature with humor in it. I love Michael Gross in this film (he’s the dad from “Family Ties”).

Geen opmerkingen: