maandag 26 augustus 2019

Movies That Instantly Make Me Happy

With all the sadness in the world and everything you have to worry about on a daily basis, it’s nice to have those movies that can put a smile on your face and not having to worry about a single thing.  I put together a list for you, of movies that never failed to make me happy.

Love Actually (2003)
This beloved film may be a Christmas movie, but it can be watched year-round. At least I watch it any time I can. Its huge ensemble cast makes up eight different couples whose love lives are all intertwined. It all culminates in a story that will always warm your heart, no matter how many times you watch it.

The Princess Bride (1987)
This fantasy romance follows long-lost loves Westley and Buttercup, who in order to be reunited, must fight through various obstacles they face in the kingdom of Florin. When I’m in the worst of moods, “The Princess Bride” always gets me laughing.

Forrest Gump (1994)
Tom Hanks stars as Forrest Gump in this 1994 classic. His character is so endearing and it might sound cliché, but “Forrest Gump” never gets old. I have nothing but love for this film.

La La Land (2017)
A pianist and actress transport audiences back to the golden days of Hollywood, when musicals and the art of dance were used to encourage viewers to follow their dreams. The 2017 Oscar-winning film is a must-see for theater buffs, and anyone who loved bright colors and romance.

You’ve Got Mail (1998)
“You’ve Got Mail” is maybe a bit outdated, but this is such a fantastic romcom. It’s over 20 years old, but the dialogues still crack me up and each time Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks find each other in the park at the end, it makes my heart melt.

Singin’ in the Rain (1952)
This is my go-to movie whenever I’m feeling down. It’s a classic and never fails to put a smile on my face. Especially the moment where Gene Kelly sings the titular song in the rain, I can’t stop smiling.

Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
Nothing makes me smile more than a quirky, out-of-the-ordinary family. If this movie doesn’t make you smile, you’re dead inside. It’s about dreams and illusions and the beauty of a dysfunctional family. Pure joy. And Abigail Breslin literally brings sun to the rainiest cold days.

Annie Hall (1977)
“Annie Hall” tells the story of a neurotic New York comedian Alvy Singer who tries to work out why his relationship with Annie Hall ultimately ended and the nature of love. When I first saw this movie, I learned that Alvy Singer is my long lost sibling, because it’s like watching myself. Woody Allen’s hilarious nervous pessimism will have you gunning for happier vibes. The lobster scene alone should make you feel better.

Amélie (2001)
The magic of “Amélie” is in how it defines us not by what we buy or what we consume but by what we do. It’s a whimsical romance, but it’s more than just a girl-meets-boy love story. Amélie attempts to fix the broken people around her even as she ignores her own happiness in the process. Random acts of kindness is Amélie’s middle name.

Intouchables (2011)
It’s a life-affirming, witty, funny and charming movie. The proportions of drama and comedy are almost perfect. The story of two friends, as different as black and white, day and night, is truly amazing.

Big Fish (2003)
Tim Burton made a movie that’s almost like a fairytale. The story of Edward Bloom says that everyone has their own universe inside of them. This is such a positive film, filled with the ‘dream big’ message.

Geen opmerkingen: