zaterdag 31 juli 2021

Rewatching My 100 Favorite Movies - Update 1

Rewatching My 100 Favorite Movie – Update 1
 
I decided to rewatch my 100 favorite movies of all-time. What those are, you can check HERE. I watch them in random order, there is no rhyme of reason there, just watching those movies I love so much.
 
1/ 100: The Shape of Water
Wonderful but vicious fairytale by Mexican horror master Guillermo Del Toro. It’s set in the 1950s in a secret army compound. There, the FBI captures a South American water creature and subjects it to cruel tests. The mute Elisa, who cleans the compounds with her friend Zelda, finds interest in the creature when she discovers him and something beautiful blooms between the two. Check out my review HERE .
 
2/ 100: High Fidelity (2000)
This film adaptation of Nick Hornby’s bestseller of the same name is set not in London but in Chicago. There Rob runs a snobbish record store, which is only visited by the true purists. The wandering thirty-something has an almost pathological record collecting frenzy and consistently categorizes everything by a top five, whether it’s music or women. When girlfriend Laura trades him for another, Rob finds out that there’s more to collecting than vinyl. Check out my review HERE .

 
Still to watch: 98

Geen opmerkingen: