vrijdag 7 januari 2022

Rewatching My 100 Favorite Movies - Update 12

I decided to rewatch my 100 favorite movies of all-time. What those are, you can check HERE. I watch them in random order, there is no rhyme or reason there, just watching those movies I love so much.
 
39/ 100: Gremlins (1984)
Chris Columbus wrote the script of this cult classic. The film has dark humor, not-too-scary horror and an ironic Christmas atmosphere. With that, cinema got the cutest movie creature ever. The film about the little Mogwai, which is not allowed to get wet, be exposed to light and can’t eat after midnight, is my all-time favorite Christmas movie and one I never get tired of. Read my full review HERE
 
40/ 100: Mystic River (2003)
As young boys, Dave, Jimmy and Sean suffered a terrible trauma when one of them was kidnapped and sexually abused. Years later, they are now adults and married, the nineteen-year-old daughter of one of them is found murdered. Dave is one of the suspects, as on the night of the crime he came home in a confused state and with bloodied hands. Soon old wounds are reopened. Strong, somber whodunit, worthwhile mainly because of the character building, excellent direction by Clint Eastwood and performances by Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Kevin Bacon, Marcia Gay Harden and Laura Linney. HERE is my full review.
 
41/ 100: The Big Lebowski (1998)
Bowling and blowing Jeff “The Dude” Lebowski is the laziest man of Los Angeles. Bandits who mistake him an old rich guy with the same name play a prank on him, whereupon The Dude goes to seek redress with the Big Lebowski. The out-of-control situation is splendidly portrayed, with stron, humorous characters, hallucinogenic dream sequences and wonderful dialogue. One of the best film in the impressive oeuvre of the Brother Ethan and Joel Coen. Read my full review HERE
 
Still to watch: 59

Geen opmerkingen: