zondag 20 februari 2022

Rewatching My 100 Favorite Movies - Update 15

I decided to rewatch my 100 favorite movies of all-time. What those are, you can check HERE. I watch them in random order, there is no rhyme or reason there, just watching those movies I love so much.
 
51/ 100: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
This fantastic sequel to the first Star Wars film manages to outdo the original. The characters are fleshed out, the special effects are truly staggering, especially for 1980, and the film has an unstoppable pace and is full of adventure and excitement. Check out my full review HERE.
 
52/ 100: Good Bye Lenin! (2003)
The Berlin Wall has fallen. Alex’ mother doesn’t know, as she has been in a coma for months. Now that she is conscious, Alex must prevent her from getting to much stress and excitement. She must especially not find out that the DDR no longer exists. So Alex and his friends go in search of the East German products his mother loves so much and eventually make their own news. The idea of “Good Bye Lenin!” is so creative and this mvie is a godsend. HERE is my full review.
 
53/ 100: Tick, Tick… Boom! (2021)

Andrew Garfield is peerless as American composer Jonathan Larson, who died in 1996 at the age of 35, just before the first performance of his groundbreaking musical “Rent”. The film zooms in on the period around his 30th birthday, when Larson is trying to get his ambitious sci-fi rock musical “Superbia” off the ground. Meanwhile, he can barely pay the bills, his girlfriend threatens to leave him and several of his friends turn out to have HIV. An energetic and inspiring ode to making art against the odds. This is my latest addition to my 100 favorites list, a movie I loved from the first minute I saw it and an can rewatch over and over again. Check HERE my full review.
 
54/ 100: When Harry Met Sally (1989)
Harry and Sally met in college but will never be friends. According to Harry, friendship between men and women are impossible. Although the chemistry is obvious, they maintain for years that nothing is wrong. Meg Ryan shines in her role as the neurotic, somewhat naïve Sally. And Billy Crystal plays the realistic and sarcastic Harry. The two are great together and it’s one of best romantic comedies ever made. HERE is my full review.
 
Still to watch: 46

Geen opmerkingen: