zondag 19 maart 2023

Oldies Movie Review - Days of Heaven

Director:
Terence Mallick
Genre: Drama/ Romance
Runtime: 94 minutes
Year: 1978
Starring: Richard Gere, Brooke Adams, Sam Shepard

I WATCHED THIS MOVIE FOR MY 2023 MOVIE CHALLENGE.
WEEK 11: A MOVIE FROM THE 1970s
 
Description: A hot-tempered farm laborer (Richard Gere) convinces the woman he loves (Brooke Adams) to marry their rich but dying boss (Sam Shepard) so that they can have a claim to his fortune.

Review: Chicago 1916. Steelworker Bill, after a deadly scuffle, flees to North Texas with girlfriend Abby and sister Linda. When the terminally ill farmer with whom he finds work falls in love with Abby, a cynical plan ripens in Bill’s mind.

The film is directed by Terrance Mallick, and I have yet to really love a movie by him. I some how don’t really understand his vision, but I never seem to enjoy his films. The always look beautiful, the performances are always strong and he manages to get fantastic actors for his films. But somehow, it doesn’t work for me. I found “Days of Heaven” a fairly boring movie actually, but overall Mallick’s movies are just not my taste.

Rating: 2,5/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: