zaterdag 7 oktober 2023

Rewatching My 100 Favorite Movies - Update 24

I decided to rewatch my 100 favorite movies of all-time. What those are, you can check HERE. I watch them in random order, there is no rhyme or reason there, just watching those movies I love so much.
 
78/ 100: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Spaceman Peter Quill is a ravenger, stealing from people in order to sell it. Together with mercenary Gamorra, Drax the Destroyer, tree-creature Groot and Rocket the talking raccoon, he forms the superhero team Guardians of the Galaxy. When I first saw it, I didn’t know what to expect and I fell in love with this quirky group right away. In my opinion it’s the best Marvel movie ever made. HERE is my full review.
 
 
79/ 100: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
In the sequel to “Guardians of the Galaxy”, everything is bigger, brighter, bolder and funnier. And I love it. I know it’s not the best film, in my eyes the Guardians can’t do wrong. I love how Groot is regrowing and is now a tiny baby Groot. The connection between Gamorra and Peter is growing and ne characters are added in the form of Mantis and Ego. You can check out my full review HERE.
 
80/ 100: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)
Director James Gunn concludes his trilogy about Marvel’s wachiest superhero team with dignity with this film that zooms in on the story of Rocket ( my favorite Guardian AND my favorite Marvel character ever). The story is surprisingly grim and emotional, if you don’t cry you’re dead inside. With a running time of two and a half hours, the film goes by in a flash. With this conclusion, in my eyes, James Gunn has created a perfect trilogy. HERE is my full review.
 
Still to watch: 20

Geen opmerkingen: