zaterdag 3 februari 2024

Rewatching My 100 Favorite Movies - Update 26

I decided to rewatch my 100 favorite movies of all-time. What those are, you can check HERE. I watch them in random order, there is no rhyme or reason there, just watching those movies I love so much.
 
85/ 100: Paddington 2 (2017)
Movies that are truly fun for the whole family are rare, which is why the 2014 live-action film about the bear Paddington was such a pleasant surprise. Director Paul King turned it into an irresistibly cheerful adventure, beautifully designed and full of jokes. The sequel had those same ingredients, but just slightly better. If only because of the delightful supporting roles by Hugh Grant and Brendan Gleeson. Read my full review HERE.
 
86/ 100: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)
Hollywood 1969. The classic movie star must slowly give away to a new type of actor. B-actor Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio) is one such classic movie hero and is having a hard time. Why can’t he be as successful as his neighbor, actress Sharon Tate (Margot Robbie)? Fortunately, his friend and regular stuntman Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt) continues to support him. Exuberant, kaleidoscopic and delightful storytelling from director Quentin Tarantino, in which he shamelessly beds history to his will. Click HERE to check out my full review.
 
87/ 100: Hot Fuzz (2007)
Ominous things are happening in Sandford. The front gardens are too neat, the facades too clean. No hamlet can win Village of the Year three times in a row without unsavory practices behind it. Police officer Danny Butterman (Nick Frost) and his overambitious colleague Nicholas Angel (Simon Pegg) set out to investigate. This is one of the three films In the ‘Cornetto-trilogy”, directed by Edgar Wright. When all being on my 100 favorites list, this is my favorite of the three.”Hot Fuzz” is without a doubt the funniest movie ever made and proof that the British will always win comedy over Americans. Because the jokes are clever and masterful. Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are a magical trio that I wish will be making more movies in the future. Read my full review HERE.
 
88/ 100: Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
Curious culmination of animation and feature film technique. Boskins plays private detective Eddie Valiant. During an investigation, he stumbles upon the murder suspect, yet completely innocent cartoon Roger Rabbit. As a child, me and my family used to watch this film so many times. Most of the jokes went way over my head, because this is not a children’s movie. Now, as an adult, I enjoy this film on a whole other level and maybe even more than I used to. My full review is right over HERE.
 
Still to watch: 12

Geen opmerkingen: