vrijdag 29 mei 2020

Ranking the Franchise - Iron Man

I just rewatched all the “Iron Man” movies. I like them, although he’s definitely not my favorite superhero or Avenger. It’s because of Robert Downey Jr. that I really enjoy watching these films. Today I will be ranking all three “Iron Man” movies.

3. Iron Man 2 (2010)
Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a good movie. But of the three, this is the one I liked the least. Mostly because of how Tony Stark doesn’t really develop much in this film. At the end of “Iron Man 2” he is exactly the same as at the start of the first. And Mickey Rourke doesn’t get enough to do as the villain. Don Cheadle though is a great addition to this franchise, who took over the role from Terrence Howard. And the introduction to Scarlett Johansson’s character is also pretty cool. “Iron Man 2” isn’t more then an acceptable follow-up to an important first film.

2. Iron Man 3 (2013)
“Iron Man 3” was a better sequel. The film is iron strong (no pun intended) and we actually saw great character development with Tony Stark. Not just as Tony but also as Iron Man. I really liked the fact that Tony has to fight for what’s right with and without his suit. I liked the twist of the Mandarin, but Guy Pearce as Killian is not always convincing as the villain.

1. Iron Man (2008)
The movie that was the base of the current Marvel Cinematic Universe. And a great origin story. Pretty straight-forward, but because of Robert Downey Jr. it has become a phenomenon. Downey Jr., the only man that can play a likeable asshole.

Geen opmerkingen: