woensdag 30 juni 2021

Movie Night - Fairytales

If dragons weren’t magical enough, I decided to stick with the fantasy theme but specified it with fairytales.
 
I watched all three movies on my own.
 
The first film I watched was a rewatch: the live-action version of “Beauty and the Beast”. I really love this film, even though the classic Disney animation is still much better and my absolute favorite when it comes to Disney films. I did like some of the new songs they added and I believe Emma Watson did a great job as Belle. The only thing I didn’t like was how they made Lumiere look. So weird. Check my review HERE
 
Number two was a Disney animation, that has been on my watch list for a long time. And I don’t know why I waited so long to watch this, because I loved it. It’s “Tangled” and it’s a classic tale, with a satirical tone. And I love the bright colors. The songs are really good and my favorite scene is the one where Rapunzel and Flynn are in the boat with all those lanterns. Gorgeous! Check my review HERE
 
The final film is another live-action Disney film. And it’s more of a fairytale retelling. “Maleficent” already has a sequel, which I don’t think I will ever watch. I did enjoy this movie, mainly because Angeline Jolie is so fantastic. But other than that, the film could have been so much better I wished Disney had taken more risk by making the film way darker. Check out my review HERE
 
I enjoyed watching all three film, but “Tangled” was my definite favorite of this movie night.  

Geen opmerkingen: