zaterdag 2 april 2022

Rewatching My 100 Favorite Movies - Update 16

 

I decided to rewatch my 100 favorite movies of all-time. What those are, you can check HERE. I watch them in random order, there is no rhyme or reason there, just watching those movies I love so much.
 
55/ 100: The Green Mile (1999)
One day, prison guard Paul Edgecomb, working in the death row cell block in a Louisiana prison in the 1930s, takes the immense John Coffey under his wing. This illiterate black man, convicted of infanticide, turns out to be the good guy himself and is also afraid of the dark. Perhaps his presence has a spiritual meaning? Frank Darabont takes his time with three hours, but it’s never a drag. It’s a fantastic film that always brings me to tears. Check out my full review HERE.
 
56/ 100: Lost in Translation (2003)
Director Sofia Coppola received high praise for this gem of a film about two lost souls in Tokyo. Charlotte has come along with her husband and busy photographer. Actor Bob has been hired for a Japanese whiskey commercial. The two Americans, confused by their foreign language and culture, seek each other out to discover that they have even more in common. Calm introspection is beautifully interwoven with irresistible humor in a film that made Scarlett Johansson a star, and showcases the best of Bill Murray. HERE is my full review.
 
57/ 100: The Avengers (2012)
As the irresponsible brother of the Nordic god Thor causes trouble in contemporary New York, not hesitating to enlist help from other dimensions, the leader of a mysterious ultra-secret government agency asks a number of superheroes for help. Spectacular and amusing superhero film. I know the follow-ups were even more epic, but this remains my favorite Avengers-film. Click HERE to read my full review.
 

Still to watch: 43

Geen opmerkingen: