zondag 17 april 2022

Rewatching my 100 Favorite Movies - Update 17

I decided to rewatch my 100 favorite movies of all-time. What those are, you can check HERE. I watch them in random order, there is no rhyme or reason there, just watching those movies I love so much.
 
58/ 100: A Beautiful Mind (2001)
The true story of mathematician John Nash, who developed amazing mathematical insights early in his career. However, his career was stalled for years due to his battle with schizophrenia. It’s a well-crafter drama directed by Ron Howard. The best role Russell Crowe ever played. Check out my full review HERE.
 
59/ 100: Jagten (2012)
Toddler Klara feels rejected by kindergarten teacher Lucas, her father’s best friend, and claims he abused her. After which the world of Lucas collapses. Director Thomas Vinterberg stays close to Lucas, showing in completely believable steps how his friends slowly but surely push him away. Everyone just takes Klaras word and no one seems to want to hear Lucas’ side. The story starts to live its own life, followed by a witch hunt. Mads Mikkelsen plays Lucas and impresses with his gripping performance. A movie that left me breathless the first time I saw it and it really gets under your skin. HERE you can read my full review.
 
60/ 100: Avatar (2009)
Private Jake is in a wheelchair. Bit then he gets an offer: he can serve as the host of an avatar on the planet Pandora, his brain in his sleeping body then in control of a body grown from genetically engineered cells that looks, walks and runs just like the Na’vi, the inhabitants of the planet. James Cameron’s groundbreaking use of 3D turned this average adventure film into an eye-opening and exhilarating spectacle. But it’s more than that: it has a clear message which is still topical today. Please read my full review HERE.
 
Still to watch: 40

Geen opmerkingen: