maandag 23 maart 2009

Movie Tip #16 - Return to Me

Director: Bonnie Hunt

Starring: David Duchovny, Minnie Driver, Bonnie Hunt, James Belushi, Carroll O'Connor, Robert Loggia, Joely Richardson

Description: Bob Rueland (David Duchovny), a Chicago building contractor, cherishes life with his veterinarian wife until she is tragically killed in an automobile accident. Meanwhile the family and friends of Grace Briggs (Minnie Driver), a waitress at a local Italian restaurant, are overjoyed when they learn that Grace will finally get a replacement heart (the heart of Bob's wife). Both Bob and Grace struggle to maintain normal lives after these traumatic events, until fate intervenes and brings them together.

Review: The reason that I love this movie so much is because of it's honesty. Both characters are so real and they share some heartwarming moments. My favourite line from the movie is when Bob says: "I miss Elisabeth, but I ache for Grace". That's a line I'll never forget. The story seems a little unrealistic, but the way the cast brought it you just go with it. Bonnie Hunt directed it and was a co-writer. She's done a great job doing both. She made Grace and Bob one of my all time favourite movie couples and "Return to Me" as one of my favourite romantic movies.

Geen opmerkingen: