dinsdag 19 januari 2010

Golden Globes 2010

Did everyone see the Golden Globes? Well I did and there were a lot of highlights there. There were also some downsides. I made a list of them:

{Highlights}
- Christoph Waltz winning "Best Supporting Actor" award for "Inglourious Basterds". He was definitely the best performer in that film and he really deserved to win.
- Sandra Bullock winning "Best Leading Actress, Drama" for "The Blind Side". She's one of my favorite actresses and I could never explain why. Now I finally have a good reason!
- Ricky Gervais joking about Mel Gibson
- Robert Downey Jr. winning for "Best Leading Actor, Musical/ Comedy" for "Sherlock Holmes". And his acceptance speech was another highlight.
- Paul McCarthey telling people that animated movies are also for adults... on drugs.
- Jeff Bridges winning "Best Leading Actor" for "Crazy Heart". I always thought he was an underestimated actor. Now he got recognition.

{Downsides}
- Monique winning "Best Supporting Actress" for "Precious". I'm just not a fan of Monique (can't really stand her). I would've given it to Vera Farmiga, Anne Kendrick, Penelope Cruz OR Julianne Moore.
- "Avatar" winning "Best Motion Picture, Drama". Come on, I don't get the whole hype. Why didn't they just give it to "Inglourious Basterds".
- "Inglourious Basterds" not winning at all (besides Christoph Waltz). I knew it! And at the Academy Awards it'll be the same. It's not Academy material.
- "(500) Days of Summer" not winning "Best Motion Picture, Musical/ Comedy".

The rest I didn't really care much for. In two weeks they will announce the Academy Award nominees. I will probably try to guess who will win (and tell you who I want to win). So that's coming soon....

Geen opmerkingen: