zaterdag 26 maart 2011

Best of... Keira Knightley

The charming and talented Keira Knightley did some great films. She's pretty in her own way and she is absolutely radiant on screen. I really like her. Here are some of her best films.

"Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
I'm not a Star Wars nerd at all, but I like the movies very much. "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" are my favorites, but this one is the best one of the new trilogy. Especially "Attack of the Clones" sucked!

"Bend it Like Beckham"
This was the first movie I saw her in. I love soccer and especially when women kick ass while doing it. In this movie she proved she was ready for Hollywood. And don't you just love Jonathan Rhys Meyers here as well?

"Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl"
This is my favorite in the series, and the only pirates movie on this list. I loved the concept, finally a good, funny, full-of-action pirate movie. Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley are my favorites in this film. They have great chemistry. And Depp is just iconic.

"Love Actually"
How great is this. This is one of those films where you just go aaawww. I love the multiple storylines and the fact that it's set in London around Christmas time. Just a fun romantic feel good movie, that I can't get enough of.

"The Jacket"
It's kind of a disturbing movie, like "Jacob's Ladder" was disturbing. The acting is very good, especially by Adrien Brody and Keira Knightley. Very underrated.

"Pride & Prejudice"
My favorite of her movies. It's my favorite book and this movie adaptation is better than the one BBC once made. Most people won't agree with me on that, but I seriously don't care. I LOVE THIS MOVIE! And Keira Knightley played Elizabeth Bennet the way Jane Austen intended her to be.

"Atonement"
My other favorite. I also love the book very much and the movie stayed so close to the original story. In my opinion Keira should have won a Oscar for her role, but she wasn't even nominated. Great film, great performances by the actors.

I haven't seen "The Edge of Love" and "Never Let Me Go" yet, so maybe I'll add them to my list if I see them.

Geen opmerkingen: