vrijdag 11 maart 2011

Best of... Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe is one of my favorites, he's an Academy Award winner and he's awesome. He made a lot of great films and these are my favorites.

"Romper Stomper"
One of his earlier works, where he wasn't that famous yet. But it's worth mentioning. It's about a group of skinheads who are alarmed after they find out that their neighbourhood is changing. Very good film, really.

"The Quick and the Dead"
Sharon Stone is the star of the film, but Crowe also makes a good appearance. This is a fun film too watch, even if you're not a western fan like me.

"L.A. Confidential"
Wonderfull! A movie about corruption and crime among members of the LAPD. Russell plays Bud White, a L.A. cop who bends the rules in order to get justice. I think this was the movie that gave Crowe the Hollywood status he has now.

"Mystery, Alaska"
I didn't see it that many times, because it's never on. But it's such a good movie. About a hockey team in a small town in Alaska who are choosen to host a televised event. It's funny and enjoyable.

"The Insider"
Not a very spectacular movie, but a film where the acting is outstanding. Crowe works opposite Al Pacino.

"Gladiator"
Historicaly not very accurate, but still a very good movie. This one does have a lot of spectacular scenes and also good acting by Crowe.

"A Beautiful Mind"
My favorite Russell Crowe movie. It's actually in my top five. Crowe proves here how good of an actor he is. He's brilliant in his performance as John Nash, just simply brilliant. I still don't understand how he didn't win the Oscar here, because his acting here is even better than in "Gladiator".

"Cinderella Man"
Another boxing movie, allthough the title tells you differently, but a very good one. Set in the 1930's. It's an inspiring and amazing story about a man who never gives up.

"A Good Year"
Not a very special movie, but I liked it very much. We see a different side of Russell and I loved him in combination with Marion Cotillard.

"American Gangster"
Awesome! He forms a great acting duo with Denzel Washington. Very good movie, can't say more about it.

"State of Play"
A team of reporters work alongside a policeman to solve the murder of a congressman's mistress. Very plain, but enojoyable and I liked him with Rachel McAdams.

I haven't seen "3:10 to Yuma" yet and I really want to see "The Next Three Days". I did see "Robin Hood" though and I liked it, but not enough too include it in my best of list.

Geen opmerkingen: