donderdag 2 januari 2014

Top 5 Thursday: Movies from 2000

Another year of movies, this time 2000. Here are the best movies from that year in my opinion.

5. Return to Me
Maybe just a guilty pleasure, but I always liked this romantic comedy. I think especially Minnie Driver’s character warms your heart.


4. Cast Away
Tom Hanks’ performance is phenomenal, as always… When you just read the synopsis you think how can a man who’s been stranded on a deserted island with a volleyball called Wilson be interesting. Well, Mr. Hanks does it!


3. Memento
The way the story is told is so original. At first you don’t know what the hell is going on, but eventually all the pieces of the puzzle fall into place.


2. American Psycho
A total mindfuck in the end. Did he actually kill all those people? Patrick Bateman is so self-obsessed, that I actually have to dislike him. But he is so cynical, that he’s one of the best created movie characters.


1. High Fidelity
This is actually in my top five of all-time favorites. John Cusack is one of my weaknesses whom I think is underappreciated. My brother doesn’t get his appeal like I do, but I just love this guy. Especially in “High Fidelity”, where he makes lists of everything, just like moi!


They Almost Made the Top 5: Shanghai Noon, X-Men, Billy Elliot, Snatch, Chocolat, O Brother, Where Art Thou and Memento

Geen opmerkingen: