donderdag 20 augustus 2015

Top 5 Thursday: Movies About Survival

It’s always fascinating to see how far some people go to survive. I decided to make a list of survival movies, some based on true events, some fictional.

5. The Descent
This is one of the creepiest movies I’ve seen over the last ten years. Just the fact alone that you’re stuck in a cave gives me the chills.
 
 
4. Cast Away
The ultimate survival movie, being alone on a deserted island. Tom Hanks is brilliant in this movie, it’s just him and a volleyball. Only Hanks can make you cry over a volleyball.
 
 
3. The Hunger Games-series
I’m not picking just one movie here, because they are all amazing. Okay, the second is my favorite. How horrible would it be to fight for life and death, so other people are entertained? Thanks God we have Katniss Everdeen, right.
 
 
2. Into the Wild
This survival movie is slightly different, because Chris McCandless choose this life of survival. With that being said, “Into the Wild” is one of the most amazing stories I’ve ever heard.
 
 
1. 127 Hours
This is, without a doubt, my favorite survival story. Like “Into the Wild” it’s based on a real life story. James Franco portrays Aron Ralston brilliantly, his best performance so far.
 
 
They Almost Made the Top 5: Life of Pi, The Road, Rescue Dawn, I Am Legend, Zombieland

Geen opmerkingen: