donderdag 29 december 2016

Top 5 Thursday: Movies I Watched for My Challenge (2016)

My last top 5 of the year is of course dedicated to the last month of my 100 Movie Challenge. I ranked the five best movies I saw this month. (Stay on the lookout for the best movies of the year 2016, best films I watched for my 2016 challenge and the worst of my 2016 challenge. )

5. Captain Fantastic
I love movies like this. A feel good mix of drama and comedy. It’s such an unconventional story, yet so heartwarming and endearing. This film has a lot of heart. And Viggo Mortensen is sublime.


4. Creed
A spin-off Rocky movie, that’s what this is called. But it’s so much more. What a fabulous film! Michael B. Jordan is so good and Sylvester Stallone should really have won that Oscar.


3. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
I didn’t expect to love this move as much as I did. The build up to “Star Wars: A New Hope” is great and that last scene with Carrie Fisher has an extra load now that she has passed. And the return of Darth Vader to the big screen is just epic. Thoses were the best moments for me.


2. Some Like It Hot
My mom loves this movie and I was so ashamed that I have never seen it before. And this movie was so funny. Especially because the men dressed as women are obviously men, but nobody sees it. Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis are a hilarious duo.


1. La La Land
I’m in love with this movie. Sometimes you just want to see a movie, you know you’re going to love it and you actually do. That’s what happened with “La La Land”. It’s been a while that I walked out of the theaters with such a big smile on my face. It’s a joy for every classic musical movie lover.


They Almost Made the Top 5: Nocturnal Animals, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Ghost World

Geen opmerkingen: