zaterdag 21 augustus 2021

Rewatching My 100 Favorite Movie – Update 3

I decided to rewatch my 100 favorite movies of all-time. What those are, you can check HERE. I watch them in random order, there is no rhyme of reason there, just watching those movies I love so much.
 

5/ 100: La La Land (2016)

Jazz pianist Sebastian and aspiring actress Mia fall in love and try to support in each other as they pursue their personal ambitions and dreams. Delightful musical by director Damien Chazelle, who also directed another favorite “Whiplash”. The film is in the 1950s and 1960s style and Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone have amazing chemistry and shine. The soundtrack is fantastic (it has spent many hours in my CD-player) and entered my top five right after my first watch. Check out my review HERE.
 
6/ 100: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (2015)
Greg is a nerdy teen that has no friends and doesn’t fit into any social groups. And he would like to keep it that way. He only hangs out with Earl, with whom he makes crappy films based on classics. Until his mother pushes him to visit Rachel, a girl in his school that suffers from leukemia. This film is so heartfelt, honest, raw and pure. I loved every minute of it. Check out my review HERE.
 
7/ 100: The Way Way Back (2013)
To his horror, shy fourteen-year-old Duncan must spend the summer vacation at the beach house of the arrogant Trent, the new boyfriend of his mother Pam. Fortunately, his suffering is eased by a charming girl next door and a job at the local waterpark, led by bon vivant Owen. A coming-of-age film that offers surprises in terms of content and is refreshingly sincere in tone. Directors Nate Faxon and Jim Rash, who previously wrote the screenplay for “The Descendants”, take adolescent suffering seriously without getting bogged down in melodrama. Warm film with a super fun cast. Check out my review HERE.      
 
Still to watch: 93

Geen opmerkingen: