zaterdag 7 augustus 2021

Rewatching My 100 Favorite Movies - Update 2

I decided to rewatch my 100 favorite movies of all-time. What those are, you can check HERE. I watch them in random order, there is no rhyme of reason there, just watching those movies I love so much.
 
3/ 100: Whiplash (2014)
Outstanding music film in which young, ambitious jazz drummer Andrew takes on his demanding and ruthless teacher Fletcher. There is no false note in this exciting and gripping film from director Damien Chazelle, who presents the music world as a sports arena in which only the most fanatical survive. “Whiplash” convinces from beginning to the long-winded, emotionally crushing ending. And J.K. Simmons created one of the most terrifying movie characters in cinematic history. Check my review HERE.
 
4/ 100: Gran Torino (2008)
After his wife dies, the temper of Walt Kowalski, a Korean veteran, retired factory worker and racist grump, is tested: his children want to put him in a nursing home, and a squeaky-clean pastor keeps coming to ask if he wants to come to confession. When his Asian-American neighbor boy tries to steal his beautiful classic Gran Torino, Walt gets into a fight with a local youth gang. Clint Eastwood stars and directs the film. “Gran Torino” is an exciting, compelling, relevant drama, which is my favorite Eastwood directed film to this date. Check my review HERE.
 

Still to watch: 96

Geen opmerkingen: