donderdag 22 september 2022

Movie Review - I Came By

Director:
Babak Anvari
Genre: Thriller
Runtime: 110 minutes
Year: 2022
Starring: Hugh Bonneville, George McKay, Kelly MacDonald, Percelle Ascott, Varada Sethu
 
Description: Young graffiti artist Toby (George McKay) discovers a shocking secret that puts him in danger.

Review: Toby and Jay are graffiti artists, who spray the words “I came by” on the walls of rich citizen’s homes they break into. Sir Hector Blake, a former judge, is the next victim, but something more is going on in that house. Something they were never prepared for.

Hugh Bonneville is best known as the charming man of the house in “Downton Abbey” and “Paddington”. His role is slightly different in “I Came By” and I always love seeing actors stepping away from their roles and doing something completely different. And I might say, he does a formidable job.

The film is best watched without knowing too much. Don’t even watch the trailer. Because then this film will be more exciting and surprising. I basically watched this movie because Stephen King recommended it in an article I read. And when someone knows suspense and thrillers well, it’s King.

“I Came By” is an exciting and layered thriller, which offers plenty of surprises. It also manages to add some social commentary on racism, nepotism and parenting. And the way the story is told is not standard. The character you’re exploring the story with, changes along the way. Multiple times. Which makes it even more interesting.

“I Came By” is a nice surprise. I’m quite shocked that a lot of people are not as positive about the film, because I believe it’s a really good, solid and exciting thriller.

Rating: 4/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: