dinsdag 14 mei 2013

DVD Collection Update (2)

Since my last update I bought nine Dvd's. Some of them were really cheap and some of them I really needed to add to my collection. I owed it to myself ;) . Here's my update.

First I got "The Cabin in the Woods". I had heard so many great things about this seemingly standard horror movie. When I read the back I thought it was going to be another one of those slashers, with all the horror movie clichés. But it's not standard at all. Very entertaining, surprising and real fun. I already lend it to my brother, who is a horror fan.

I got the second season of "One Tree Hill". I've had the first season for quite some time now and I actually rewatched it during my spring vacation. That's when I realised again how fun the show is, so I ordered the second season and watched it during that same vacation. Eventually I want the complete series.

I was ashamed that I hadn't seen it yet, as a Naomi Watts fan. So when it came out, I rushed to the store and purchased it. Now I did see "The Impossible" and I think it's a beautiful movie. Maybe even Naomi Watts' best performance so far. Grab a box of tissues when you watch this girls!

Please let me know what yo think of these movies.
Another Naomi Watts movie that I didn't see yet was "Dream House". I bumped into it while shopping with my friend Nandy. I also watched it and it wasn't as scary as I expected. Not one of her best movies, but I'll keep it in my collection because I want to own all Naomi Watts movies someday.

I wanted to see this movie ever since I saw its trailer. It's a French movie called "De Rouille et d'os", but in English it's called "Rust and Bone". It stars Marion Cotillard and it's an arthouse movie. It's also a special edition DVD and I'm very excited to finally see it.

I held this DVD in my hands a couple of times, but I thought it was overprized. The price had been lowered in the meantime, so I bought it finally. "The Dark Knight Rises" is a highly anticipated movie that I have yet to watch. I'm especially very curious about Tom Hardy as Bane, because I heard so many things about this role.

Another movie that I wanted to see for a long time is "Where the Wild Things Are". A book that I read as a kid and as a teacher now read to kids. I think this is a movie that I know won't disappoint me.

"Fargo" is a movie that should be in every moviefan's collection. Haven't seen in it a while and it's one of my favorites. Glad to add this to my collection.

And last I got an 80's classic. "The Breakfast Club". Can't remember when I last saw it, but now that I own it I want to see it ASAP.






Please let me know what you think of these purchases.

Geen opmerkingen: