woensdag 22 mei 2013

Quotables: "Taxi Driver"

One of the best movies ever made. Recently rewatched it, after way too long. But because it's such an intense movie, you can't just watch it at any time. You really have to pick the right moment to watch "Taxi Driver". And I would love to share some of the great quotes from this film with you.



Travis Bickle: The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men cannot put it back together again.

Travis Bickle: I think someone should just take this city and just... just flush it down the fuckin' toilet.


Travis Bickle: The days go on and on... they don't end. All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention, I believe that one should become a person like other people.

Travis Bickle: Loneliness has followed me my whole life. Everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man... June 8th. My life has taken another turn again. The days can go on with regularity over and over, one day indistinguishable from the next. A long continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is a change.


Travis Bickle: Now I see this clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me.

Betsy: Taking me to a place like this is about as exciting as saying to me "Let's fuck."

Travis Bickle: I realize now how much she's just like the others, cold and distant, and many people are like that, women for sure, they're like a union.


Travis Bickle: You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK.

Geen opmerkingen: