woensdag 12 maart 2014

Quotables: "12 Years a Slave"

This movie left me speechless, what a beautiful film. It amazes me how Solomon Northup survived this misery. Seriously, if you didn't shed a single tear during this movie, you're a robot. Here are some of the best quotes from the film.

Solomon Northup: I will not fall into despair! I will keep myself hardy until freedom is opportune!


Clemens: If you want to survive, do and say as little as possible. Tell no one who you really are and tell no one that you can read and write. Unless you want to be a dead nigger.

Mistress Epps: You will remove that black bitch from this property, or I'll take myself back to Cheneyville. Edwin Epps: Back to the hogs's trough where I found you? Do not set yourself against Patsy, my dear. Cos I will rid myself of you well before I do away with her.


Solomon Northup: [Upon meeting his family again after 12 years] I apologize for my appearance. But I have had a difficult time these past several years.

Geen opmerkingen: