donderdag 27 november 2014

Top 5 Thursday: Chefs

I really love to cook and I like trying new things. I have some awesome cookbooks. Sometimes I try their dishes. I know I will never be as good as them, but I love cooking for people. Here are my favourite chefs.

5. Maggie Beer
She reminds me of my mum: rustic and homemade food. It’s very clear she loves cooking and she puts that love in her food.
 

4. Heston Blumenthal
Heston Blumenthal is a more complicated cook, he uses cool techniques. But I just love his style. It’s a pleasure to watch him cook.
 
 
3. Matt Preston
Technically he’s not a chef, Matt Preston is a food critic. But he can also cook very well and I just love his books. His books I actually use the most, because his recipes are quick and easy with not too many ingredients.
 
 
2. Jamie Oliver
People say British people can’t cook. Well, that’s not true. Jamie Oliver’s food might not always look appealing, he always makes a bit of a mess, but it’s very tasty. And simple. I also love his book “Save with Jamie” which can make everyone a good home cook.
 
 
1. Nigella Lawson
I really think this is home cooking to the max. Nigella really is a domestic goddess. Her food is simple, though very elegant and really tasty. Her Italian cookbook was the first I ever cooked from and I was hooked. Nigella is a wonderful cook.
 
 
They Almost Made the Top 5: Curtis Stone, George Calombaris, Gary Mehigan, Matt Moran, Marco Pierre White, Annabel Langbein

Geen opmerkingen: