zondag 5 december 2021

Rewatching My 100 Favorite Movies - Update 10

I decided to rewatch my 100 favorite movies of all-time. What those are, you can check HERE. I watch them in random order, there is no rhyme or reason there, just watching those movies I love so much.
 
33/ 100: The Sixth Sense (1999)
The young Cole Sear sees dead people, so he gets the help of child psychologist Malcolm Crowe. The dead don’t realize they are dead. It’s a film about loss, grief, broken relationships. Haley Joel Osment plays the key character and he does this extremely convincing. And I loved Bruce Willis in a more serious, dramatic role. A movie that shocks you the first time and you will watch differently the second time around. And this is a movie you should watch more then once. Still M. Night Shyamalan’s best movie. Read my full review HERE.
 

34/ 100: Shooting Dogs (2005)
April 1994. The Hutu president f Burundi is assassinated. According to the Hutus in neighboring Rwanda, the signal for a genocide of the Tutsis they despise. The images are familiar. In “Shooting Dogs” the drama is seen through the eyes of two Westerners: the old, jaded priest Christopher and the young idealistic teacher Joe. They see the failure of the heavily undermanned UN in the torn country. It’s a confronting and raw film, with a story deserved to be told. HERE is my full review.
 
35/ 100: Jurassic Park (1993)
In 1993, the special effects with which director Steven Spielberg conjured up his dinosaurs on the screen were awe-inspiring. And still, these images amaze me every time I watch it. I don’t need to tell you the story, if you haven’t seen this movie yet, what the hell are you doing here. “Jurassic Park” was the movie that made me fall in love with movies in the first place, it literally changed my life. Check out the full review HERE.
 
36/ 100: Pulp Fiction (1994)
Quentin Tarantino’s second film elevated the director to the superhero status of independent cinema and marked the comeback of former teen idol John Travolta. Tarantino hopscotch tells several stories in criminal circles, which are nevertheless related. A common thread is hard to pinpoint. The film has amazing dialogue, which became one of Tarantino’s trademarks, and he made one of the best films of the 1990s with “Pulp Fiction”. You can read my full review HERE.
 
Still to watch: 64

Geen opmerkingen: