zondag 12 december 2021

Rewatching My 100 Favorite Movies - Update 11

I decided to rewatch my 100 favorite movies of all-time. What those are, you can check HERE. I watch them in random order, there is no rhyme or reason there, just watching those movies I love so much.
 
37/ 100: Enemy (2013)
Jake Gyllenhaal plays a reclusive history teacher who notices his exact double when he watches an obscure movie on DVD. He goes in search of the extra, who turns out to live in Toronto just like him. A secretive thriller by director Denis Villenueve. The film intrigues, is beautifully filmed and effectively claustrophobic. The movie is one big mind-fuck, reminded me of David Lynch movies. Check out my full review HERE.
 
38/ 100: Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
When Mr. Fox learns that Mrs. Fox is pregnant, he must promise her to stop stealing. He keeps this promise for a while, but after a few years the wild beast in him resurfaces. Mr. Fox crawls out of his hole, goes to live above ground in a hollow tree and pays nightly visits to the storehouses of the mean farmers Boggis, Bunce and Bean. A beautiful stop-motion animated film by Wes Anderson, who transformed Roald Dahl’s childhood book into a dryly comic ode to whimsy. HERE you can read my full review.
 
Still to watch: 62

Geen opmerkingen: