zondag 24 april 2011

50 Books Challenge - # 22: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

Title: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Author: Douglas Adams
Story: Seconds before the Earth is demolished to make way for a galactic freeway, Arthur Dent is plucked off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher for the revised edition of the The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy who, for the last fifteen years, has been posing as an out of work actor. Together this dynamic pair begin their journey through space aided by quotes from The Hitchhiker's Guide. Start: april 21st 2011
End: april 23rd 2011
Comment: Science Fiction is normaly not my go-to genre, but I like to be open minded and read books I would normaly never pick. And I'm glad I did, because "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" was worth reading. My problem with Sci-fi sometimes is that the writer bores you with explaining how certain things work. Adams doesn't bore you for one second. He combines the knowledge and wit to make it more interesting. And he's so convincing in it. Arthur and Marvin were my favorite characters in the book. Especially Arthur and his ways of dealing with the crisis. This book is so funny and wacky and very clever written. The good thing about this book is that I think especialy the people who would normaly never pick sci-fi books will love it. I will continue reading the rest of the books. And if you're a fan of dry British wit, you will like it as well.
Rating: 4/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: