vrijdag 22 februari 2013

50 Books Challenge 2013 - # 6: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

Title: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Author: Mark Twain
Story:
Start: february 18th 2013
End: february 22nd 2013
Comment: The book was banned by some schools and libraries in the past, for its crudeness. I can see that is might have seem crude in that time, but nowadays it's really not that bad. I just picked this book up by accident. I bumped in to it in the library and I decided to read it. The book is good, well written, and usually chuckle-worthy. However, there are points when it seems endless, like they are never going to get out of the river--a lot of the stories hard seem like unimportant side-tracks. Huckleberry is a very likeable character and I enjoyed reading about his adventures. It's definitely a classic you should have read, but it's not one of my favorites and I don't think it will every get on me reread list.
Rating: 3/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: