maandag 29 juli 2013

50 Books Challenge 2013 - # 28: The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Title: The Hound of the Baskervilles
Author: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Story: Holmes and Watson are faced with their most terrifying case yet. The legend of the devil-beast that haunts the moors around the Baskerville families home warns the descendants of that ancient clan never to venture out in those dark hours when the power of evil is exalted. Now, the most recent Baskerville, Sir Charles, is dead and the footprints of a giant hound have been found near his body. Will the new heir meet the same fate?
Start: july 24th 2013
End: july 29th 2013
Comment: I have a thing for detective stories, I like the idea of trying to solve a mystery with the characters. Sherlock Holmes is the best of them all and probably even the most well known fictional detective. So you can also say I have a thing for Sherlock. I love the films and off course the BBC show, but it all started with the books and I wanted to reread "The Hound of the Baskervilles" this summer. As soon as I opened the book, I was captivated. I normally read books in my native tongue, but I just had to read this one in English. What a beautiful way Sir Arthur Conan Doyle has with words. Your English has to be pretty advanced. This story has always been my favorite and again it was a pleasure to read it. I love the whole atmosphere of this book, the case is interesting and compelling and it's full of suspense. It's a timeless mystery. My favorite thing about all Sherlock Holmes books, is how detailed it is. They are classic 'who done it' stories, but with much more depth in it. Fantastic read!
Rating: 5/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: