vrijdag 4 september 2015

Fall 2015 Movie Preview

The summer is almost to an end and my favorite season is about to start. There are some great movies coming this fall and I would like to share with you the once I'm looking forward to the most. I think I'm going to do more of those in the future, because I love to read and watch things like this myself. Here is a list of movies I'm looking forward to this fall.

Sicario
Release date: September 18th
I loved Denis Villeneuve's previous movies "Prisoners" and "Enemy", so this is a movie to look out for. "Sicario" starts Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin and Benicio Del Toro and it's about a drug war along the Mexican border.

Everest
Release date: September 25th
A first this may seem like a generic survival thriller, but with a cast that includes Josh Brolin, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jason Clarke, Sam Worthington, Keira Knightley and Robin Wright (among others), it seems more like an solid ensemble thriller that’s worth a second look.

The Martian
Release date: October 2nd
The adaptation of Andy Weir's novel, director Ridley Scott and a killer cast with Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Kristen Wigg.

Steve Jobs
Release date: October 9th
No, not another Ashton Kutcher flick. This time it's Michael Fassbender who takes on the role of Steve Jobs. Aaron Sorkin, who was also a part of "The Social Network", is the screenwriter and Danny Boyle directs. This guy never makes the same movie. Besides Fassbender we can see Seth Rogen and Kate Winslet.

Bridge of Spies
Release date: October 16th
Tom Hanks starring in a Steven Spielberg political thriller written by the Coen Brothers. Reason enough for me to go and see it.

Crimson Peak
Release date: October 16th
Guillermo del Toro directing a film with supernatural elements is something that a lot of fans have waited a long time to see again. I’m one of them. Tom Hiddleston, Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska and Charlie Hunnam star in this creepy movie.

Suffragette
Release date: October 23rd
Carey Mulligan, Helena Bonham Carter, and Meryl Streep as the first activists in the British women’s suffrage movement. I’m sorry, what else do you need to know?

Spotlight
Release date: November 6th
I'm so glad Michael Keaton is back on the screen. This movie tells the story of a group ofs journalists who broke the story of child sexual abuse in the Catholic Church. An ace fall ensemble here with not alone Keaton, also Rachel McAdams, Mark Ruffalo, John Slattery, Liev Schreiber, Billy Crudup and Stanley Tucci.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
Release date: November 20th
I can't wait to see how it all end. Off course, I already know, but I want to see it on the big screen.

MacBeth
Release date: December 4th
There have been several movies based on this story, but now it’s Australian director Justin Kurzel’s turn. With the jaw-dropping pairing of Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard as the Lord and Lady.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Release date: December 18th
I really can't ignore this one. Although I'm not a huge fan of the franchise, I do get excited for it. Just for nostalgic reasons maybe.

The Hateful Eight
Release date: December 25th
Probably my favorite on this list, because I love everything Quentin Tarantino does. I have to wait untill January here in the Netherlands, but that's okay. It has Michael Madsen, Kurt Russel, Samuel L. Jackson, Tim Roth, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Walter Goggins and Bruce Dern in it.

Joy
Release date: December 25th
I'm always excited to see Jennifer Lawrence in anything! Another colaboration with director David O. Russell and actors Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro.

The Revenant
Release date: December 25th
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu’s follow-up to "Birdman" finds Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, and Domnhall Gleeson out in the cold. The trailer looks really intense.

Geen opmerkingen: