donderdag 17 december 2015

Top 5 Thursday: Non-English speaking movies

For most of you they are called foreign movies, but I’m Dutch, so any Hollywood film is a foreign movie for me. So I decided to rank some of my favorite movies that are not in English. Here are my picks.

5. Intouchables
Such a heartwarming film, a movie I immediately loved.
 

4. Goodbye Lenin
I just love the idea behind this film. Daniel Brühl in his younger years, before he became a Hollywood actor. Such a great movie.
 
 
3. The Motorcycle Diaries
Here we meet Che Guevara before he became the powerful man. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen this film in quite a while. Gale Garcia Bernal is fantastic in “The Motorcycle Diaries”.
 
 
2. Jagten
A movie that totally took me by surprise. I heard a lot about “Jagten”, but didn’t know much about the movie. When I first saw it, it literally took my breath away and got under my skin. I thought about this film for days after and it really had an impact on me. “Jagten” is one of the best movies ever made.
 
 
1. Amélie
When you need a feel good movie, but not the guilty pleasure kind, watch “Amélie”. It’s one of the sweetest films ever. And the leading character Amélie takes random acts of kindness very seriously. I love this movie, it’s in my top 10 of all-time favorites.
 
 
They Almost Made the Top 5: Pan’s Labyrinth, Let the Right One In, Deux Jours Une Nuit, De Rouille et D’os, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro

Geen opmerkingen: