donderdag 23 juni 2016

Top 5 Thursday: Female Lead Comedy Movies

Women at their finest and funniest. I listed some of my favorite comedies starring a female lead. Here is my top 5.

5. Clueless
As if I could make this list without “Clueless” on it. A movie I watched over and over again when I was a teen myself. I was never like Cher, but I really loved this movie. And still!


4. Bend It Like Beckham
“Bend It Like Beckham” is a very underseen and underrated comedy. The movie that introduced us to Keira Knightley. The film follows Jess, and Indian girl who loves to play football (soccer) but her parents don’t allow her. Jess secretly joins an all girl football team and is finally happy. Then she falls in love with her coach Joe, the man her friend Jules also likes.


3. Bridesmaids
People call it the female version of “The Hangover”, when it is in fact much better. Kristen Wiig leads the groups of bridesmaids on the way to her best friend’s wedding. And off course nothing goes as plan and there is a new BFF in her way. Super funny.


2. Juno
“Juno” is one of the most likeable and sincere comedies I’ve ever seen. It’s easy to identify with Juno and how it feels to grow up and take responsibility. “Juno” is clever, funny and honest.


1. Easy A
“Easy A” is hilarious and has a fantastic female lead. I love Emma Stone and this is far out her best performance and role so far. It shows us the drastic consequences after Olive tells a lie. This lie starts living its own life.


They Almost Made the Top 5: Sister Act, Trainwreck, Pitch Perfect, Miss Congeniality, Bring It On

Geen opmerkingen: