donderdag 16 juni 2016

Top 5 Thursday: Movies My Dad Loves

In honor of father’s day, which we celebrate this Sunday, I will share with you my favorite films that my dad loves. You will probably see a theme here: it’s either war or western. He also loves Steven Seagal movie for some reason, but they didn’t make my top 5. And my dad has the habit of falling asleep during movies, but not with these. And they are all very long. Here is the top 5:

5. Saving Private Ryan
A beautiful Steven Spielberg war flick, starring Tom Hanks. And coming to think of it, “Saving Private Ryan” had a lot fo famous actors in it. It’s a beautiful drama, that even people that normally don’t like watching war movies will like. It also has one of the most impressive opening scenes ever.


4. The Deer Hunter
A movie mostly known for that one scene with the Russian roulette. It shows us how a war can affect people and what an impact it has on someone’s life.


3. Braveheart
A movie in Mel Gibson’s glory days and also a film I haven’t seen for a long time. I love this movie, it’s so beautiful. And that motivational speech is probably the best one ever.


2. Platoon
This is one of my favorite war movies ever. It really left an impression on me when I first saw it and it’s a movie I tend to rewatch. For a movie with such a heavy theme, that’s pretty unique.


1. Dances with Wolves
This is probably my dad’s favorite film. My dad saw this with my brother and uncle in theaters, I was too young to see it at the time. But dad remembers the moment vividly, which means this movie had an impact on him. And I love this film, it’s such a beautiful story. And you don’t feel the length.


They Almost Made the Top 5: Das Boot, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, Christmas Vacation, Once Upon a Time in the West, Apocalypse Now, Papillon

Geen opmerkingen: