Ingredients for a oscarwinning movie/ perfomance:
- The main character of the movie has e decease or a disability (Like Tom Hanks in "Philadelphia" and "Forrest Gump" and Dustin Hoffman in "Rain Man" and also that guy in "The English Patient")
- The movie has psychos in it (Like Anthony Hopkins in "Silence of the Lambs", Kathy Bates in "Misery" and Heath Ledger in "The Dark Knight")
- It has to take at least three hours (Like "Titanic", "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King", "Dances with Wolves" and "Shindler's List")
- Boob flash or sex scenes (Practically ever movie Kate Winslet was nominated for)
- Gay People (Like Tom Hanks for "Philadelphia" and Sean Penn for "Milk)
- Movies where the actors had to go through an extreme make-over (Like Charlize Theron in "Monster", Robert DeNiro in "Raging Bull" and Hilary Swank in "Boys Don't Cry")
- The characters have a weird accent (Like Tom Hanks in "Forrest Gump", Reese Witherspoon in "Walk the Line" and Frances McDormand in "Fargo")
Movies/ preformances that should have won over the years
- 1995: "The Shawshank Redemption" (my favourite movie) was nominated seven times but didn't win a single award. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
- 1997: Any other movie then "Titanic" should have won. I just hate this movie. "As Good As It Gets", "The Full Monty", "Good Will Hunting" and "L.A. Confidential". They are all better then "Titanic".
- 1997: "Fargo" is a much better and more interesting movie then "The English Patient" (Like Elaine Bennes said in "Seinfeld" : Sex in a tub, that doesn't work!)
- 2001/ 2002: Russell Crowe won an oscar for "Gladiator" and didn't win one for "A Beautiful Mind". That's just weird!
- 2006: Keira Knigtley for "Pride & Prejudice. Much better performance then Reese Witherspoon in "Walk the Line". She really isn't all that good.
- 2007: Abigail Breslin in "Little Miss Sunshine" or Rinko Kikuchi for "Babel". Definitley not Jennifer Hudson. I knew, that after her win, we wouldn't hear from her again (in a movie that is worth watching).
I could go on like this forever, but these are the most important ones I wanted to share with you.