woensdag 12 januari 2011

50 Books Challenge - # 2: Gone Baby Gone by Dennis Lehane

Title: Gone Baby Gone
Author: Dennis Lehane
Story: Boston private investigators Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro are hired to find four-year-old Amanda McCready, abducted from her home without leaving a trace. Despite extensive news coverage and dogged investigation, the police inquiry has uncovered nothing. The case is rife with oddities: Amanda's indifferent mother, a couple with a history of paedophilia and a shadowy police unit. As the Indian summer fades, Amanda McCready stays gone - vanished so completely that she seems never to have existed. When a second child disappears, Kenzie and Gennaro face a local media more interested in sensationalizing the abductions than helping to solve them, a local police force seething with lethal secrets, and a faceless power determined to obstruct their efforts. Caught in a deadly tangle of lies, and determined to unravel a riddle that is anything but child's play, they soon discover that those who go looking for the missing may not come back alive.
Start: january 4th 2011
End: january 12th 2011
Comment: It's a very good story but some parts weren't as interesting. I really liked both Patrick and Angie and the ending was very surprising. It got me thinking, what would I do in a situation like that. It took me a long time to finish it, because I couldn't keep my attention at all times. I'm glad that I finished it eventually, because it's an OK book.
Rating: 3/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: