zondag 16 januari 2011

Best Movies about College

There are so many movies about High School, but coming to think of it there are also some great films about College. So I thought of my favorites. Here they are, in random order:

- "Dead Man On Campus"
Two college friends are trying to find a suicidal roommate, so that if he commits suicide their teacher is required to give them straight A's. Off course it doesn't work that way in real life. This is one of those movies I watch every time it's on TV. I'm not saying it's the best college movie, but it's so enjoyable. And I love Tom Everett Scott!!

- "Van Wilder"
Van Wilder has been attending college for years and has no intention of graduating any time soon. And he throws the best party's. I thought it was hilarious. It's a very funny movie, with a great leading man. I really liked the dog and Taj. Even though I was never really a fan of poop and semen jokes, they seem to work for me in this film. Maybe it's Ryan.

- "Old School"
Three guys who want to relive their college years. They form a fraternity with men who don't fit in elsewhere. One of the most hilarious films ever. I think Will Ferrell steals the show here. I love the scene where he sings "Dust in the Wind" and where he does gymnastics. Oh my God, I'm rolling on the ground!!

- "Road Trip"
Josh makes a sextape with a girl, who's not his girlfriend. Of course this tape gets send to the real girlfriend, by accident. All sorts of mishaps and adventures occur in this wild road movie.

- "Revenge of the Nerds"
Nerd buddies Lewis and Gilbert have just arrived at Adams College. When the jock/frat boys burn down their own fraternity house, they put pressure on the school to put them up somewhere else. They invade the freshman dorms, much to Lewis and Gilberts chagrin. Not my favorite, but you have to admit that they're fun to watch.

- "The Skulls"
A very good thriller set in college, about a group of college students who join a secret fraternity. It promises a lot, but it's also very dangerous and misleading. Great movie and Joshua Jackson is awesome!

- "Good Will Hunting"
There are also serious movies about college, because it's not all about partying. Will is a janitor at a college but he's actually a very gifted mathematic. Matt Damon's breakthrough, Ben Affleck's writing debut and I just loved Minnie Driver in this one.

- "A Beautiful Mind"
One of my all time favorite movies! John Nash is a genius, but he's misunderstood by others. His intelligence makes him go mad and the only one standing by him is his wife Alicia. Fantastic acting performance by both Russel Crowe and Jennifer Connolly.

- "Mona Lisa Smile"
A free-thinking teacher teaches a student body of girls in the 1950's how to change the way they think. I actually really liked this movie.

I know you're missing "Animal House" but I saw it only once and it was a long time ago. I don't remember much about it. I hope to see it again, because everyone keeps telling me how great it is.

Geen opmerkingen: