zaterdag 22 januari 2011

Best of... Emily Blunt

I think I said it before, but I absolutely love Emily Blunt. She's a beautifull, natural actress with a certain charm people are impossible to resist. And she's a very good actress as well. I've seen her in many movies now and I decided to make a best of list.

"My Summer of Love"
It's a honest story anout two girls who meet each other over the summer and spend it together. They learn a lot from each other and explore life together. I especially liked Emily in this one and she was actually the reason I decided to watch it.

"The Devil Wears Prada"
Emily's role was great in this film. Everyone said Meryl Streep was the best, but I think Emily should have gotten more credit for her role. She's a real bitch but an awesome bitch. I loved her and that's also the main reason why I love this movie.

"The Jane Austen Book Club"
This movie never got a lot of fame. I never understood it, because it's so much fun. A group of passionate readers who decide to start a bookclub and reread all the Jane Austen books. Jocelyn, Grigg and Prudie (portrayed by Emily) were my favorite characters. I'm hoping to read the book soon.

"Dan in Real Life"
She doesn't have a big role in it, but this movie also didn't get a lot of attention. It's basically Steve Carell that is great, but it was just a fun movie that I only saw once but didn't forget about.

"Charlie Wilson's War"
Again she has a small role. This movie wouldn't be on my Tom Hanks list, but it's defenitely one of Emily's best movies. She plays one of Wilson's romantic interests.

"The Great Buck Howard"
This is the third movie on the list that never really got a lot of credit. I never even read a review on this movie. Great cast, together with Emily we see John Malkovich, Colin Hanks and Tom Hanks. Come on! Malkovich is just wonderfull in this one.

"Sunshine Cleaning"
I LOVE IT!! I think this is my favorite of her. It's a sweet story and Amy Adams and Emily Blunt are great together as sisters and friends. The scene with the matress is hilarious and the part where Rose and Norah see their dead mother on TV. It almost made me cry.

"The Wolfman"
Great horror movie, I saw it in the cinema when it just came out. It was quite enjoyable and very exciting. She had great chemistry with Benicio Del Toro and I liked her as Gwen.

I haven't seen "Young Victoria" yet and I'm really excited for "The Adjustment Bureau" I saw the trailer a couple of times and I'm looking forward to seeing her with Matt Damon. She did a voice for the animated film "Gnomeo and Juliet" which sounds like fun and she's rumored to be in the new Muppet movie.

Geen opmerkingen: