zondag 29 maart 2015

Movie Tag

I love answering movie questions, so when I saw this movie tag on A Few of My Favourite Things I just had to give it a go myself.

Favorite movie of all time
I have lots of favorites, but there is only one movie I can call my absolute favorite of all time: “The Shawshank Redemption”. I love everything about this film, the plot, the acting, the story, the music, the ending. It’s a perfect movie and I can’t get enough of it.

Favorite scene from that movie
***SPOILER ALERT*** Off course that scene where Andy breaks out of prison. That moment where he crawls out of the sewer and stands out in the rain, knowing he is finally free again. That scene gives me chills every single time.

Favorite actors/actresses
Tom Hanks is a man that can make me laugh and cry every time, there is seriously no role he can’t play. Naomi Watts is my favorite actress. After seeing her in “21 Grams” I wanted to see every movie of her. Other favorites are Morgan Freeman, Charlize Theron, John Cusack, Jessica Chastain, Tim Robbins, Rachel McAdams, Bruce Willis and Emma Stone. Oh, and many more….

Most annoying actors/actresses I can’t stand Jennifer Lopez, she is a terrible actress. And Jonah Hill is annoying, because he thinks he’s so funny. He is not! Somehow Sarah Jessica Parker works on my nerves and I don’t really like Anne Hathaway very much. She was great as catwoman though.

Best director
Quentin Tarantino, but I also love Steven Spielberg, Frank Darabont, Ron Howard, Wes Anderson, Alfred Hitchcock, Clint Eastwood and Alejandro González Iñáritu
 
Favorite guilty pleasure film
“10 Things I Hate About You” and “Clueless” are movies I have seen way too many times, but I still enjoy them. And in my family and friend circle, I’m the only one…
 
Favourite tear-jerker
I cry easily, I’m a bit of a whimp when it comes to that. Where do I start? “E.T”, “The Lion King”, “The Green Mile”, “12 Years a Slave”, “Marley and Me”, “King Kong”. All tear-jerkers that I love.
 
Character from a movie that scared you the most
The clown from “It”, just because clowns freak me out. I can’t be the only one right? Leatherface is also pretty scary, he’s just disturbing. And J.K. Simmons character in “Whiplash” also scared me in a different way, because he could actually be real.
 
Movie you love that everyone hates
“Beverly Hills Cop 3”. It’s not a good movie, I know that. But every time this movie is on television, I watch it. It’s so funny. I saw it so many times, I can actually quote from it. Maybe “Beverly Hills Cop 3” is also a guilty pleasure?
 
Movie you hate that everyone loves
“Titanic”, it’s not a good movie. First off, it’s way too long. The first 1,5 hour is about a poor man falling for a rich woman and vice versa and off course everyone is against it. This cheesy love story, about two characters I don’t care about, was made up for the audience. They don’t care about boats, but people and needed someone to feel sorry for. Then the second half of the film is about the sinking ship. Beautifully made, but what a drag. And don’t get me even started on that door Kate Winslet is laying on. Leo could have easily have fit on it, or they could at least have taken turns on it. And after saying ‘I’ll never let go’, she let’s go and Leo sinks to the bottom of the ocean. Overrated in every way of the word!
 
Favorite movie duo
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, a guarantee for a good laugh.
 
Favorite animated movie?
“Beauty and the Beast” and it will never be topped. Sometimes it’s okay the dance around the house singing songs from this Disney classic. Yes, I do that!
 
Actor/actress crush?
Chris Hemsworth. He is the definition of perfection: a big, broad man, Aussie accent, strong arms, manly, preferably with a beard.
 
Favorite movie villain? Mr. Blonde from “Reservoir Dogs”. A sadistic man, yet calm and quiet. Those are the bad ones. Just read this quote: “I don't give a good fuck what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a cop. You can say anything you want, but I've heard it all before. All you can do is pray for a quick death... which you ain't gonna get”.
 
What movie surprised you the most?
“Jagten” (“The Hunt”). It surprised me because I didn’t know what to expect. It really left me breathless at the end and I kept thinking about this film for days.
 
If you could only keep one movie what would it be?
I will have to go with my favorite, “The Shawshank Redemption”. It’s a movie I never get tired of.
 
Movie recommendation and for whom? “Nightcrawler”, a movie with Jake Gyllenhaal that came out in 2014. Not a movie a lot of people saw and it was totally ignored by the Academy Awards. Such a shame, because it’s an amazing movie. I recommend it to everyone who loves movies, because this is a film you shouldn’t miss.
 
If you could go back in time and marry an actor/actress from back when (now old) who would it be?
Paul Newman, Marlon Brando or James Stewart. Probably Brando.
 
One remake you wish had never been made?
“Psycho”, do not touch any Hitchcock movie ever again! And that “Planet of the Apes” movie with Mark Wahlberg. So dumb…
 
About to die but could only watch one more movie what would it be?
“Singin’ in the Rain”, which always brings a smile to my face. I want to die with a smile on my face.
 
Favorite movie genre/favorite movie from that genre?
Indies, like “Lost in Translation”.
 
What’s the first movie you remember watching in theaters?
“The Little Mermaid”, with my mom. I think that’s where my love for movies started. Only guessing though….
 
If you would want to give it a go yourself, please do. And leave a link to your list in the comments below, because I'd love to read your answers.

Geen opmerkingen: