donderdag 23 april 2015

Top 5 Thursday: Comedies of the 1990s

I like a good laugh, because I think life is better when you’re laughing. But what are my favorite comedies? Well, that’s a task, so I decided to go by decade. Starting with the 1990s. Here they come.

5. Groundhog Day
Not slapstick comedy, but Bill Murray comedy. Murray is one of the funniest actors in Hollywood and “Groundhog Day” is one of those comedies that will stay timeless.
 
 
4. Dumb and Dumber
When you say 90s comedy, Jim Carrey is definitely a big part of it. I saw “Dumb and Dumber” in theatres and it cracked me up back then. It still does. I haven’t seen the sequel though, I really don’t want to.
 
 
3. The Big Lebowski
This humor is slightly different from the other ones on the list, but I really liked seeing Jeff Bridges as ‘The Dude’. He is kind of useless, but boy do we love him. And his attachment to his rug.
 
 
2. There’s Something About Mary
I love this comedy, it makes me laugh every single time. Ben Stiller is loveable and clumbsy Ted, Matt Dillon as creepy and sleezy Pat and off course pretty Cameron Diaz as Mary.
 
 
1. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
This is a role only Jim Carrey can pull off. “Ace Venture: Pet Detective” is even one of my favorite comedies of all time. It has so many memorable scenes: the sliding door, Ace wearing a tutu, thinking he found Snowflake.
 
 
They Almost Made the Top 5: Wayne’ss World, Mrs. Doubtfire, Happy Gilmore

Geen opmerkingen: