donderdag 9 april 2015

Top 5 Thursday: Horror Movies from the 1990s

I do like the genre, horror. Some of them I can easily watch, the bloodier the better. But when it involves ghosts, I can’t watch ‘em alone. Or sleep…. Here are my favorite horror movies from the 1990s.

5. Jacob’s Ladder
When I first saw it, I couldn’t get it out of my head. That scene with the nurse, where her hat falls off and you see these weird things on her head. It was so scary. I was very young at the time though. But still, while watching it now, it scares me. 
 
 
4. Bram Stoker’s Dracula
Nowadays vampires are not that scary anymore. People associate it with romance. But in “Bram Stoker’s Dracula” the lead vampire is really scary (so is Keanu Reeves’ acting by the way).
 
 
3. The Silence of the Lambs
This movie is more scary in the psychological way. Off course Hannibal Lecter is scary, he is a cannibal and his intellect and charm is probably the scariest part of him. But Buffalo Bill always freaked me out even more. He makes suits out of women, come on!
 
 
2. It
Maybe not the scariest movie for most people, but clowns just freak me out. And then this is one scary film. Based on a Stephen King novel. “Kid, want a balloon?” Creepy as hell!
 
 
1. The Sixth Sense
This is the kind of movie, I can’t watch alone. I saw it in theatres, not knowing what to expect. I didn’t sleep for days, seriously. Now, it still scares the hell out of me. Well done M. Night Shyamalan.
 
 
They Almost Made the Top 5: Scream, The Blair Witch Project, From Dusk till Dawn

Geen opmerkingen: