zondag 13 februari 2011

Best of... Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt has always been one of the most attractive men on this planet. Now, being in his fourties, he still is. But not only his looks are interesting. His résumé has a lot of good movies on it. Here are my favorites.

"Thelma & Louise"
This was one of those films where he was just 'eye-candy'. His role wasn't all that special, but he's still in it so I can add it to my list. This movie is great because of the strong, independent women.

"A River Runs Through It"
It's a pretty slow movie, but that doesn't bother me. I always loved the story and the film is beautifully narrated by Robert Redford. I couldn't not stop comparing Brad to the young Redford.

"True Romance"
Tarantino is the writer and Tony Scott directed it. That alone makes sense why this movie is so good. The plot is fresh, original and mesmerizing and the film has action, drama, romance, good acting and a great cast.

"Interview with the Vampire"
Brad is kind of a wimpy vampire, not drinking human blood, but even as a vampire he looks good. Tom Cruise is actually the one with the best role but this movie is just great. I was never one of those women that thought vampires were sexy, but in this movie they kinda are.

"Seven"
This is Brad's best movie. I remember seeing it for the first time, thinking this was a very original plot. A man who killed people according to the seven deadly sins. It gave us some creepy images but that just fitted the atmosphere in of the film. Together with Morgan Freeman, Gwyneth Paltrow and Kevin Spacey, he formed a wonderfull cast. And "Seven" has a brilliant ending: "What's in the box?"

"Twelve Monkeys"
A very weird role for Brad, who plays Jeffrey Goines a man in a mental institution. I always thought it was a unique story and a very strong ending as well.

"Sleepers"
I don't know why, but this movie always interested me. Four kids have to pay for pulling a prank gone wrong. In juvenile they go through hell, because one of the guards brutaly abuses them. It's just a very good story and strong performances by every actor in the film.

"Fight Club"
Just awesome. I put it on Edward Norton's list as well. Tyler Durden, Pitt's character, was actually named best movie character of all time by empireonline.com. This movie is just brilliant, like I already stated.

"Snatch"
I think this is one of those movies you either love or hate. It has some odd and profane characters, with sometimes weird accents that are hard to understand. I liked the style of the film, the dark humor and the way it was filmed with the strange camera angles.

"Babel"
I can't begin to describe how much I love this film. Such a beautiful way of telling a story. Or actually stories, that all come together eventually. Brad is great with Cate Blanchett, such honest and touching scenes they have together.

"Burn After Reading"
Brad is one of those actors that doesn't mind being different. As one of the prettiest men in Hollywood, he's hardly ever pretty in his films. In this movie he plays a strange gay guy, that got the most laughs. I like the Coen-Brothers, and I love their sense of humor.

"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
Strange story, but it entertained me. The lenght of the film bothered me a little, but Brad gets younger and younger everytime, so that didn't bother me at all. It's a very thought through story and I enjoyed it so much.

"Inglourious Basterds"
Just great! We all know that Christoph Waltz and Melanie Laurent were the ones that stole our hearts here, but who didn't love the scene in the theater where Brad tries to pretend to be a Italian man. A brilliant film, made by Tarantino.

I never liked the Ocean's movies, so that's why they're not on my list. And I never saw "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford". I'm looking forward to seeing "The Tree of Life", which will come out this year, I think in May. He's also starring in a film called Cogan's Trade with Javier Bardem and Mark Ruffalo, a heist movie.

Geen opmerkingen: