zondag 27 februari 2011

Best of... Scarlett Johansson

She's an actress that gets critized a lot. Can she act or is she just another pretty face. I think she can definitely act AND she's beautiful. I created a list of her best movies.

"The Horse Whisperer"
This is an excellent family drama, and I think one of Scarlett's first big roles. It's a moving story and it has a great cast.

"Ghostworld"
If you're tired of standard teen-movies, this is the movie you're looking for. It's a mature and intelligent film with a good sense of humor. It captures the journey from childhood to adulthood with a lot of cynicism.

"Lost in Translation"
One of my all-time favorite movies. I love it so much because of its simplicity and its honesty. And the chemistry between Scarlett Johansson and Bill Murray is surprisingly strong.

"A Lovesong for Bobby Long"
I didn't really expect much, but I was surprised how good this movie was. Scarlett's great, Travolta's performance is even better. He's not one of my favorites but he actually stole my heart here.

"Girl with a Pearl Earring"
Not as good as the book, but very enjoyable. I thought the movie did a fantastic job of recreating 17th century Netherlands. This film is visualy stunning.

"Match Point"
It's an elegant movie and we can basically thank Scarlett for that. She does a great job portraying the tragic beauty Nola Rice. It's not just another movie about adultry, it's so much more.

"The Island"
Kinda of a weird film, about clones. If they're lucky the can go the "The Island" but that's just a lie. I actually really liked this film and it was quite enjoyable.

"Scoop"
Another Woody Allen film with Scarlett in it. I liked it from the first time I saw it and I love its humor. And Scarlett, who finally dares to be less sexy and even a little bit nerdy.

"The Prestige"
Her second best film. This is fantastic. Especially the twist in the end. And she goes well together with both Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale.

"The Other Boleyn Girl"
The books is much better, because the movie skipped a lot of good and important parts. but still a great film.

"He's Just Not That Into You"
I like movies with multiple storylines. I actually disliked Scarlett here, but I still liked the film very much. Gigi and Beth's storylines are my favorites and I'm actually planning on finally reading the book soon.

I haven't seen "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" and I heard so many good things about it. So I'm definitely going to see it when I have the chance. I also didn't see "The Nanny Diaries" and "Iron Man 2" and I hated "The Spirit".

Geen opmerkingen: