donderdag 5 januari 2012

50 Books Challenge 2012 - # 1: Dances with Wolves by Michael Blake

Title: Dances with Wolves
Author: Michael Blake
Story: Ordered to hold an abandoned army post, John Dunbar found himself alone, beyond the edge of civilization. Thievery and survival soon forced him into the Indian camp, where he began a dangerous adventure that changed his life forever.
Start: january 1st 2012
End: januari 5th 2012
Comment: Off course I saw the movie and it's one of my favorites of all-time. I had this book on my shelve for a while and with the theme I have this month I finally had the perfect reason to read it. We follow John Dunbar in his journey to discovering the Comache. The great thing about this book is that the American soldiers aren't depicted as heroes and the Comache as bad guys. I got a lot of respect for the Comache and disrespect for the American soldiers. They acted really cowardly and it really broke my heart when they killed Two Sox. The strenght of this books is that it isn't very spectacular but it doesn't bore you for one minute. And I love the change that Dunbar goes through, from being a Settler to joining a Native American tribe and eventually becoming Dances with Wolves. And the lovestory between him and Stands with a Fist doesn't dominate. There is a good balance between drama and romance. A fantastic start for my challenge of 2012.
Rating: 5/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: