zaterdag 21 januari 2012

Best of... Jude Law

I recently saw "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" and although I prefer Robert Downey Jr. I decided to make a best of list for Jude Law.

"The Talented Mr. Ripley"
I especially love the combination of Matt Damon and Jude Law. Damon's Ripley adores the life of Law's character Dickie Greenleaf. Just fine performances by the two men and a great story.

"Enemy at the Gates"
A gritty and realistic portrayal of one of the worst battles in the history of war. There are so many war movies, this is one of the best.

"Artificial Intelligence: A.I."
The movie is a bit odd, but it really surprised me. Haley Joel Osment as the little robot boy was deeply moving, although I think he also creeped som people out.

"Road to Perdition"
While making this list, I almost forget to put this one on it. Yes, Jude Law plays Harlen Maguire, the guy trying to kill Michael Sullivan. This is an overlooked film that didn't get the credit it deserved.

"Cold Mountain"
Not a big fan of Nicole Kidman, but that's just how much I liked Jude Law and Renee Zelweger in this film. It's a very beautiful story, an entertaining movie.

"I Heart Huckabees"
This is one of the weirdest movies I've seen. It's not a standard story and the characters are pretty strange. But because it was so freaky, I liked it even more.

"Closer"
Clive Owen and Natalie Portman are the true stars in this film and they're just the supporting actors. Their acting was stunning. Jude Laws performance was very solid and I liked him together with Nathalie Portman.

"The Aviator"
Jude Law is in this movie too. He plays Errol Flynn. Leonardo DiCaprio's portrayel of Howard Hughes is brilliant. Not the best Scorsese movie, but definitely worth watching.

"Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events"
I love the books, and I really liked how they brought it to life. Jude Law provides the voice-over as Lemony Snicket. Great, absurd story.

"Sherlock Holmes"
I fell in love with this movie. Like I said before, Robert Downey Jr. gets my preference. How awesome is he as Sherlock? Guy Ritchie made a great choice, also for picking Jude Law for the role of Watson. Charming as ever. And Robert had perfect chemistry with Rachel McAdams, whom I adore as well. Love this movie!

"Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows"
I can't say which of the movies is better. Watson's role in this one was a bit big bigger and more important. And I loved the scenes with the hedghog goulash and Sherlock on the horse. I seriously can't decide which one is better. Guy Ritchie did a great job, again.

Haven't see "Hugo" and "Contagion" yet. Probably will someday.

Geen opmerkingen: