zondag 24 juni 2012

Movie Tip # 52: Snow White and the Huntsman

Director: Rupert Sanders

Starring: Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth, Charlize Theron, Sam Claflin, Sam Spruell, Bob Hoskins, Ian McShane, Ray Winstone, Nick Frost, Duir, Brian Gleeson, Toby Jones, Johnny Harris

Description: Snow White (Kristen Stewart), imprisoned daughter of the late king, escapes just as the Magic Mirror declares her the source of the Evil Queen's immortality. The Queen (Charlize Theron) sends her men, led by a local huntsman (Chris Hemsworth) to bring her back. But upon her capture, the huntsman finds he's being played and turns against the Queens men, saving Snow White in the process. Meanwhile, Snow's childhood friend, William (Sam Claflin), learns that she is alive and sets off to save her.

Review: I'm a sucker for fairytales. Ever since its trailer was released I wanted to see this film. The well known story of Snow White, but not quite the way it was told when we were kids. "Snow White and the Huntsman" is darker, action packed, more violent, not overwhelmed by romance and full of beautiful visual effects. As for the casting, Kristen Stewart got a lot of negative response. I have to say that I was never a fan either, but she had proven that she could act in "Into the Wild". Stewart is stuck to her "Twilight" character, which is sad, because she can definitely act and I really appreciate her more due to this film. Chris Hemsworth is not only very pleasant to watch, he is very charismatic and he was my favorite character in the film. I did like him together with Stewart and probably a lot of people won't agree with me on that. Charlize Theron, one of my personal favorites, had the best role. Casting her for the role of the evil queens was just perfect. Theron was terrifyingly convincing as a villain. Sam Claflins character William was too one-dimensional and there is really no time to get to know or like him. I did love the dwarfs, they were funny and the world they lived in was beautiful. "Snow White and the Huntsman" is a great movie and met my expectations. I heard that this is going to be a series, so I can't wait to see more of it.

Geen opmerkingen: