woensdag 17 april 2013

50 Books Challenge 2013 - # 14: Days Gone By by Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead Volume # 1)

Title: Days Gone By (The Walking Dead Volume # 1)
Author: Robert Kirkman
Story: An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months, society has crumbled: There is no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. Rick Grimes finds himself one of the few survivors in this terrifying future. A couple months ago he was a small town cop who had never fired a shot and only ever saw one dead body. Separated from his family, he must now sort through all the death and confusion to try and find his wife and son. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally begin living.
Start: april 15th 2013 2013
End: april 16th 2013
Comment: I love the TV-show and I really like zombie stories. But this is the first time I'm actually reading a book about zombies. I was really excited about it and I almost read this novel in one sitting. We follow cop Rick Grimes, who wakes up in a hospital finding out that it has been abandoned and that the world around him has changed. It's infested with zombies and all he wants is to find his wife and son. Rick is a really easy-to-like character. We meet a bunch of other characters: like his wife Lori and his son Carl, his partner Shane who is more of a big mouth then Rick, the two sisters Amy and Andrea, loner Dale who is srt of the conscience of the group, and the quick Glenn. I missed the depth in most of the characters. I know them from the show, but if you start reading this without seeing the show, you don't get to know the characters that well. Some of them are pretty one-dimensional. The great graphics and story make up for that, because I couldn't stop reading this book. I enjoyed it and I'm reading the second book next.
Rating: 4/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: