zaterdag 28 september 2013

50 Books Challenge 2013 - 34: Hannibal by Thomas Harris (Hannibal Lecter # 3)

Title: Hannibal(Hannibal Lecter # 3)
Author: Thomas Harris
Story: Seven years have passed since Dr. Lecter escaped from custody. And for seven years he's been at large, free to savor the scents, the essences, of an unguarded world. But intruders have entered Dr. Lecter's sanctuary, piercing his new identity, sensing the evil that surrounds him. For the multimillionaire Hannibal left maimed, for a corrupt Italian policeman. and for FBI agent Clarice Starling, who once stood before Lecter and who has never been the same, the hunt for Hannibal Lecter has begun. All of them, in their separate ways, want to find Dr. Lecter. And all three will get their wish. But only one will live long enough to savor the reward.
Start: september 23rd 2013
End: september 28th 2013
Comment: Of all the books in this series, this was the one I was least looking forward to. And, so far, this is the one I like the least. I did enjoy it to some point, but I just didn't like the ending. I know that no one expected this, because it is surprising. For me it's a bit unbelievable. I was sorry to see Clarice Starling come to such a sorry end. The character Mason Verger was a revolting and fascinating villain. I easily was more sympathetic toward Dr Lecter. There was lots of Harris's trademark detail and atmosphere and that's what I liked. I just did't enjoy this book as much as the previews two.
Rating: 3/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: