donderdag 6 februari 2014

Top 5 Thursay: Movies I Watched for My Challenge (January 2014)

The start of my 100 Movie Challenge went well. Out of the 22 movies I saw this month, all films I haven’t watched before 2014, I had to pick five as favourites. Here they are.

5. People Like Us
I thought this was going to be a very unoriginal movie, that was a lot like other movies in its genres and it was going to be forgettable. It wasn’t because it made my top 5. It’s a beautiful movie, with surprisingly good acting.


4. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Not a lot of action here, but a very strong spy thriller. It kept my attention at all times and it was a real intriguing story. James Bond eat your heart out, George Smiley is in town!


3. Moonrise Kingdom
I’m becoming more and more of a Wes Anderson fan and this is yet another diamond. I love Andersons style, just beautiful.


2. Don Jon
The last movie I watched in January and I loved it. Joseph Gordon-Levitt did a great job writing and directing, but also starring in this film. A good mix a drama and comedy. And the Swiffer-discussion was hilarious!


1. Jagten
The best movie experience is when you watch a film going in blank and coming out completely amazed. That’s what happened when I watched “Jagten”. It really got under my skin and haunted my mind for a couple of days.


They Almost Made the Top 5: The Place Beyond the Pines, Star Trek Into Darkness, The Magic of Belle Isle

Geen opmerkingen: